Want to contribute to Varbase? Here are ways you can help!
Varbase is a Drupal distribution packed with adaptive functionalities and essential modules, that speed up your development, and provide you with standardized configurations, making your life easier.
It helps you build sites that employ enterprise-editing experience with a lot of functionalities.
We would love for you to join us in the effort of building Varbase. We are welcoming your feedback, (development) time and/or financial support. For feedback we will use drupal.org's issue queue for other questions or suggestions please contact us at [email protected]
You can also join our Varbase Slack team for feedback and support
We're very excited to have you interested in contributing features to Varbase. Contributing to Varbase new modules, features, or components should be an easy process if you are familiar with Drupal. We just require the following guidelines to be taken into consideration when contributing new modules, features, or components:
- 1.The feature idea should be validated with Varbase maintainers. Please submit a new issue on https://www.drupal.org/node/add/project-issue/varbase as a "Feature request" to confirm its validity before starting to work on it. This is of course if you would like this feature to be included in the Varbase roadmap
- 2.The feature must follow the friendly User Experience guidelines according to Vardot's standards.
- 3.Proper coding standards must be followed according to Vardot's agreed-upon coding standards. This applies to all code elements (PHP, CSS, JS, Twig ...etc.)
- 4.Considers all the Site Building config such as Permissions, Config, View modes, Form modes, Integrations
- 5.Tested frontend utilizing Bootstrap 4 and/or 5
- ✅ File an issue about Varbase components.
- ✅ Manage to have Addition/Change/Update/Fix to Varbase components.
- ✅ Help with testing to ensure no regression.
- ✅ Help with Automated unit/functional testing coverage.
- ✅ Help with developer documentation support on feature change/addition.
- ✅ Help with user guide documentation support on feature change/addition.
- ✅ Help with update Release Notes and Update Helper on new feature change/addition.
- ✅ Help in code review with Varbase core team members.
- ✅ Help with full testing and approval.
- ✅ Help credit contributors.
- ✅ Help review with the product owner.
- ✅ Help with pre-release and post-release testing.
Reporting issues and patching is welcomed with a smile and thank you, and they will be credited for sure. And highly appreciated on:
- ✅ Accessibility.
- ✅ Performance.
- ✅ Security.
Have a rebase for the used issue fork, or git pull and merge or rebase locally, before committing to an issue fork. Or before creating a patch file.